- Experience Needed:
- More than 3 years
- Career Level:
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
We are looking for Scriptwriters must be skilled writers who prepare scripts for commercials, soap operas, comedies, and dramas that appear on television, and in films.
- Develop scripts derived from their own ideas or other existing ideas or work.
- responsible for describing the stories in detail, including physical environments and the moods of the characters.
- Developing subject ideas, drawing on personal interest and topical issues.
- Researching material by using the internet, personal interviews and other methods writing and rewriting material, often many times, to achieve the desired effects.
- Submitting commissioned material in the style required and to the deadline.
- Receiving feedback and criticism, and revising work as a result.
- Researching the potential market for their writing, and pursuing publishing opportunities.
Skills and personal qualities
A writer must have:
- An excellent command of written English, and literary skills and devices
- Motivation and self-discipline to work without supervision
- The ability to work to tight deadlines
- A knowledge of the literary marketplace, and of the audience they aim to reach
- IT and typing skills
- The ability to accept criticism and use it in a constructive way
- The financial skills to manage their affairs, if self-employed
- Ability to meet deadlines