- Experience Needed:
- More than 1 year
- Career Level:
- Entry Level
- Job Type:
- Full Time
- Education Level:
- Bachelor's Degree at least
About the Job
- Expedite and route movement of incoming and outgoing cargo and freight shipments in airline, train, and trucking terminals, and shipping docks.
- Take orders from customers and arrange pickup of freight and cargo for delivery to loading platform.
- Prepare and examine bills of lading to determine shipping charges and tariffs.
Main Responsibilities and Duties:
- Check import/export documentation to determine cargo contents, and classify goods into different fee or tariff groups, using a tariff coding system.
- Contact vendors and/or claims adjustment departments in order to resolve problems with shipments, or contact service depots to arrange for repairs
- Determine method of shipment, and prepare bills of lading, invoices, and other shipping documents.
- Direct delivery trucks to shipping doors or designated Marshalling areas, and help load and unload goods safely.
- Direct or participate in cargo loading in order to ensure completeness of load and even distribution of weight.
- Enter shipping information into a computer by hand or by using a hand-held scanner that reads bar codes on goods.
- Estimate freight or postal rates, and record shipment costs and weights.
- Inspect and count items received and check them against invoices or other documents, recording shortages and rejecting damaged goods.
More than 1 year
Bachelor's Degree at least
Logistics and Supply Chain
About this Company
USCO Log is a Lead Logistics Company and integrated end to end supply chain management solutions.
See all Careers and Jobs at USCO Log
USCO Log was founded in 2012 in Egypt with 20 years background and the aim of
becoming one of the most reliable freight forwarder in the global / Local market,...