- Experience Needed:
- More than 7 years
- Career Level:
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Job Type:
- Freelance / Project
About the Job
West Nile Delta Project Roles & Responsibilities:
- The In-Country Cost Engineer reports functionally to the WND In Country Project Services Team Lead. The Cost Engineer is responsible for providing robust Cost management and reporting for WND In-Country including Onshore Greenfield, Brownfield and Common EPCC scope and specific 3rd Party BP Owners cost. A key part of this role is to provide PGMs / Delivery Managers with accurate forecast final costs and phasing to compare against FMs / budgets and to provide early warnings of potential over or under runs to help influence cost outcomes.
- The In-Country Cost Engineer will work closely with the Onshore EPCC contractor and Subcontractors to ensure accurate, detailed cost reports are issued monthly. Analysis of contractors cost information is completed by the In-Country Cost Engineer to feed WND Project reporting and early identification / analysis of trends is undertaken.
- The In Country Cost Engineer will work closely with Finance to ensure In-Country costs are budgeted, monitored and controlled to ensure all costs reflect activity specific to the delivery of WND and are captured as per the agreed WBS.
Detailed Roles and responsibilities
- Responsible for the development of a robust In-Country Cost management system ensuring that cost reports are produced, reviewed and published in a timely manner
- Accountable for ensuring that the Project Services Cost Tool includes Onshore current budget, commitments, AFEs, Actuals / Accruals, AWP&B-Annual Work Plan & Budget information as agreed with Finance and Cost Engineering Team Lead.
- Develop the interface with the Onshore EPCC cost team to ensure accurate, detailed cost information is obtained to feed WND Project reporting process.
- Working closely with BP Finance & PSCM to ensure providing the correct and accurate input/information in a timely manner to the Financial system in place-SAP Backbone including setting up new SAP WBSs or Cost Codes and support processing the approvals of the Shopping Carts and Purchase Orders.
- For new Commitments ensure validating budget, provide Cost allocations/Coding on SAP Shopping Carts and approve changes to cost objects on SAP SESs- Service Entry Sheets.
- Responsible for providing regular updated cost forecasts for In-Country, recognising and incorporating the impact of trends, MoC, risks and opportunities.
- Provide regular and reliable assessments of the VOWD-Value of Work Done ensuring that accruals stand up to audit.
- Work in close collaboration with the In-Country Project Services TL and Onshore Delivery teams to ensure all cost reports and cost performance information is underpinned by robust assumptions and analysis including review contractor information.
- Support validation of Cash Forecast / Phasing in EPCC Cost Report for the In-Country Construction works; check the total value of the invoices submitted/paid to-date and the updated VOWD and Forecast / Phasing and communicate any issues/variances with the Delivery Managers and EPCC contractor Project Controls team.
- Support the preparation of the In-Country AFEs and other cost control documentation as required.
- Provide ongoing commitment and expenditure tracking and control, ensuring compliance with project WBS and budgets.
- Identify and quantify actual and potential Forex impacts.
- Provide input to Partner Cash Calls.
- Support Close Out of a Project including contract close out, Finance system reconciliation& benchmarking.
More than 7 years
Not Specified at least
Oil and Gas
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Relevant Engineering degree (or significant relevant experience)
- Minimum of 7 years' experience in project cost monitoring, cost control, cost estimation, Budget & AFE, invoice processing, and Change Management of Oil & Gas Projects.
- A minimum of 3 years as Cost Engineer in Oil & Gas Major Projects.
- Fully conversant with cost estimation, trending, forecasting, monitoring and control techniques and methodologies as per standard industrial practices.
- High level computer literacy in MS Office and SAP-Backbone including familiarity with cost & project controls software’s