- Experience Needed:
- 8 to 11 years
- Career Level:
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
- The primary role of the Reliability Section Head is to improve the reliability of the physical assets by eliminating unanticipated failures.
- This is done through the development of a sound proactive maintenance strategy, analysis of failure causes, recommending design enhancements, and developing improved repair methods.
- The Reliability Section Head is responsible for the reliability of all equipment in the area to which he is assigned.
- He maintains appropriate records and files to permit meaningful analysis and reporting of results or completed work.
- He will also be responsible for the optimization of resources leading to part of the reduction in total maintenance costs.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Has a thorough understanding of the Potential-Failure Curve and relationship to setting maintenance activity frequencies
- Participate actively in the weekly work scheduling meeting
- Assists in the development of long-range asset management schedules and budgets
- Educates other employees about reliability concepts and local reliability implementation
- Receives completed Reliability Inspection data sheets and initiate appropriate action
- Maintains the PM (Preventive Maintenance) and PdM (Predictive Maintenance) systems and process within the CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management System)
Develops, recommends and implements strategies for improving the reliability of the manufacturing processes
- Performs reliability reviews of each modification or design change
- Reviews predictive maintenance activities, recommends changes to the type of monitoring, routes, frequency and equipment monitored
- Maintains or monitors equipment downtime database with focus on monitoring unscheduled downtime on key process equipment
- Responsible for RCM (Reliability Centered Maintenance) or FMEA (Failure Modes and Effects Analysis) on existing equipment and all new equipment
- Monitors and performs trending and analysis of all PdM (Predictive Maintenance), PM (Preventive Maintenance) and CBM (Condition Based Maintenance) data
- Monitors the execution and effectiveness of lubrication programs
- Performs life cycle cost analyses on all engineering design changes
- Reviews required asset management performance reports
- Communicates the key asset management performance indicators as well as the company’s KPIs (Key Process Indicators)
- Works closely with the Maintenance and Operations Departments in performing RCFA (Root Cause Failure Analysis) and asset management improvement
- Generates downtime analysis reports and performs Pareto Analysis on results, uses Pareto Analysis to identify opportunities and prioritize improvement efforts
- Ensures that all department work performed is done in a safe manner and that all work areas are maintained to meet or exceed all safety rules, as well as all local, state or province and federal safety and environmental laws and regulatory acts
- Supervision of maintenance teams as needed
- Ensures that identified elements of the Asset Management Process and Standards are fully implemented and functioning
Educates other employees about reliability engineering and local reliability implementation
- Works closely with the Predictive technology specialists, external and/or internal to optimize the scope and frequency of checks
- Identifies the critical processes and understands how they affect throughput, quality, environmental and safety compliance
About this Company
AIC, Arabian International Company, corporate headquarter is based in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. We are a leading designer, fabricator and erector of Structural Steel, Process Equipment, Plate Work, Storage Tanks, Pipe Spools and Towers with state of the art fabrication...
See all Careers and Jobs at AIC