- Experience Needed:
- More than 5 years
- Career Level:
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
4,000 to 6,000 EGP per month
About the Job
The Data Center Technical Support Analyst will take an active role in planning, installation, relocation, reconfiguration, and de-installation of open system and legacy system mainframe CPU's and all Network System peripherals and network equipment and cabling infrastructure in Visa data centers.
The Data Center Technical Support Analyst responsibilities also include, but are not limited to:
- Actively participate in project meetings and sizing requests for the installation of hardware and cabling infrastructure.
- Work with the installation planning team members to coordinate installation of hardware, network hardware and cabling systems
- Work with the engineering and vendors to assess new technologies and their impact to the data center infrastructure from a space, power, cooling, and structured cabling perspective.
- Provide primary support and troubleshooting of hardware problems
- Provide support and troubleshooting of network hardware problems
- Diagnose and coordinate repairs of channel connectivity problems and other CPU /OPEN SYSTEMS/Network to switched peripheral channel connectivity problems
- Diagnose and repair of network cabling systems
- Coordinate vendor support on hardware problems, maintenance and upgrades.
- Utilizing VIPER problem and change management system and internal guidelines, will insure that all changes and problems are accurately managed and tracked
- Utilizing Asset Management and OBTAIN , will manage and track network and hardware inventory, locations and status for all mainframe/open systems/ network and peripheral equipment
- Participate in meetings as appropriate to understand implementation requirements
- Provide knowledge transfer within the group
- Provide physical layouts of the computer complex and updates as requested for planning purposes and to reflect the actual current environment
- Provide updates of the physical layout of equipment and cabling systems utilizing the OBTAIN documentation tool.
- Create planning diagrams of proposed hardware configurations as needed for installation and maintenance purposes
- Document operational guidelines, and troubleshooting procedures for all Hardware, Cabling and Media management
- Work closely with Subject Matter Experts Vendors and build a working rapport.
- Assist in requesting quotes for maintenance. Document process and procedures and ensure that all possible infrastructure scenarios are addressed and solutions are documented.
About this Company
The iHub is a non-for-profit entity that aims at increasing the hands-on experience and boosting innovation within students. The iHub exists at Ain Shams, Cairo, Alexandria and Minia Universities The iHub partners with many industry companies and startups in providing...
See all Careers and Jobs at iHub