- Experience Needed:
- Less than 1 year
- Career Level:
- Entry Level
- Job Type:
About the Internship
- To handle the activities of material estimation, allocation and follow material rejection process from the Sites and reorder phase.
- To control the material flow and reduce the stock of material among different projects.
- To reach optimum allocation/ use for material required for the project according to original plans.
The intern will learn:
- Perform quantity surveying and optimization for material in accordance to approved shop drawings to be checked with Bill of Quantity for all projects in material allocation stage.
- Review the result of quantity surveying and compare it with bill of quantity.
- In some projects that require rare material; suggest other solutions with the design department.
- Try to use the free stock in other projects instead of buying new material.
- Send material’s cutting with the estimated sizes of cutting to the Work order processors for optimization.
- If the wasted quantity is high try to change sizes of cutting in coordination with the design department; to reduce waste in material.
- Estimate the final allocated material quantities and send them to the material manager for final approval and preparation for the purchase order.
Application Deadline: 1 week
Internship Start date: ASAP
Duration: 6-8 Months
About this Company
ALICO EGYPT® is one of Orascom Construction subsidiaries and one of the leading companies in the Middle East in the field of Aluminum & Glazing works founded in 2000.
See all Careers and Jobs at Alicoegypt
ALICO EGYPT® range of products extends from aluminum doors & windows to curtain walls,...