- Experience Needed:
- Career Level:
- Job Type:
About the Internship
Job Description: Facilitator /Trainer (work at home)
The university graduate volunteers will act as facilitators throughout this journey*, by undertaking the following tasks:
- Facilitate a one-hour, online “guidance session” for their assigned groups, during which they will help participants learn about and utilize research tools (e.g. including data collection tools).
- Provide constructive (observational) feedback about participants’ practices and performance, while also ensuring participants stay on track with goals that need to be achieved.
- daily Guide, and monitor participants’ writing processes, and support their improvement in writing skills.
- Nurture self-learning attitudes amongst the participants
A Journey of a Question” is an annual initiative that aims to train students aged 9-17 on research and inquiry skills through the participation in a writing contest, which would produce a book about the students’ inquiries, and their journeys to find answers, under the supervision of trained facilitators and a board of jury to assess their ‘writing-artifacts’.
- By the end of the program, the trainee/volunteer will:
- Understand the strategies and techniques to support children's curiosity and exploration attitudes.
- Have acquired methods of developing reading and writing skills.
- Have acquired strategies for nurturing different learning styles.
- Be able to make optimal use of e-learning and distance education tools.
- Have developed appropriate teamwork, planning, and organizational skills.
- Moreover, EducQuest, in cooperation with specialists, will provide 5 training sessions for facilitators.
- Outstanding volunteers will receive a “Certificate of volunteer hours” from EducQuest, as well as a free training from the American group “Sega” for those who prove full commitment to continuous monitoring and guidance throughout the volunteer period.
EducQuest will provide the volunteer facilitators with the following training
- Inquiry-based learning and how to nurture children’s curiosity
- An overview on creative writing
- Self-expression through journaling
- Editing and proofreading
- Using online tools for moderation
Application Deadline: 24th of June 2020
Internship Start date: 11th of July 2020
Duration: 45 days
At least one of the following requirements should be fulfilled to be selected as a volunteer facilitator:
- At least two-year experience as a facilitator.
- Individual has a university degree and/or is currently registered as an active university student, with preference to graduate students in the following majors: Education, Psychology, Child Development, Creative Art"Has published at least one creative writing artifact in a magazine or an online platform
- Demonstrated experience with writing skills in Arabic.
- Demonstrated experience with research and related skills.
About this Company
Educquest assists schools, educators, and parents to shift their thinking about the education process to a learning process based on inquiry.
See all Careers and Jobs at Educquest
EduecQuest is a program based on learning by quest, designed for schools, teachers, parents and the public interested in...