- Experience Needed:
- 2 to 3 years
- Career Level:
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
- Perform various accounting activities involved in the maintenance of accounts payable.
Responsibilities, Supporting Actions & End-Results:
Invoice Booking & Payment Process : Trade & Non-Trade
- Process trade vendor invoices and service provider invoices for travel / freight / customs duty / insurance / inventory by entering them into Aptec system
- Booking of trade invoices after matching them to the GRN
- Enter all Service Provider invoices into SCALA ERP System after checking with company logistic records of each transaction and after receiving approved purchase orders.
- In charge of assigned Service Provider and vendor accounts. Make Monthly / Periodic reconciliation of Vendor Accounts against Aptec Distribution accounts, immediately notifying any variances to the vendor and line manager for corrective action.
- Monitor Duty on imports/ Duty on Exports in relation to amounts charged to sales invoices.
- Handle payments to Service Providers and trade vendors.
- Advice vendors on payment status with invoices details.
- Cultivate friendly relationship always with all Service Providers and vendors and utilize the relationship for better service/ fast flow of invoices and credit notes / statements and for better payment terms.
- Report any Documentation issues reported by Logistic / Freight Forwarders to the Vendors for timely solution.
- Assist Purchase, Sales & Logistics for stock & related issues.
- AP ageing report and statement of account will be up to date at any point of time.
Vendor Reconciliations : Trade & Non – Trade
- Make Monthly / Periodic reconciliation of Vendor Accounts against Aptec Distribution accounts, immediately notifying any variances to the vendor and Aptec management for corrective action.
- Reconciliation for Trade vendors done on a bi-monthly basis to ensure there is sufficient time to resolve issues if any before the month end and non- trade vendors reconciliation are done every month end. Notifying the vendor and the management of any additional cost involved on shipments, in order to minimize exposure of charges and unforeseen loss to the company.
- Make entries in Scala for payments
- Assist Accounts Payables Manager on all Stock Payables and GRN Logistics issues.
- Process with payment through Cheque / Cash/bank transfer & enter in to system.
- Monthly / Periodic reconciliation of Vendor / Service providers / Intercompany Accounts against Aptec accounts.
- Petty cash Handling: Expense voucher preparation, payment with necessary approval & reconciliation with system
- Vendor Payments to be processed as per each vendors credit terms without incurring any late payment charges and missing out on any vendor rebates
- Ensure accuracy in the information recorded which would in turn result in accuracy in the financial reports and that proper controls are in place.
Decision Making Authority Level
Decisions free to make:
- Prioritize payments based on their urgency and criteria with AP Manager approval.
- Non trade – Freight invoice related issues directly sorted out with logistics dept.
A decision requires to be discussed with controllership:
Candidates Profile -Qualifications and Educational Requirement
- Qualification: Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Commerce or related
- Experience: 2-3 Years in Accounts Payable preferably in IT or FMCG or shared services environment
- Knowledge: Technical expertise in using MS applications and work experience in ERP accounting systems.
- Language: Should hold strong written and spoken communication skills in English
General & Qualitative:
- The ability to plan your own work, work on your own initiative and meet deadlines.
- Pleasant and Confident telephone skills.
- Teamwork, Reliability and Honesty.
- Results Oriented
- Change Agent
- Judgment & decision making
- Customer Impact top of mind
- Team Leadership
- Collaboration and Influence
Job sent successfully to email@example.com.
Error happened when sending mail, please check the fields below or try again later.