- Experience in developing object-oriented code for database-backed websites or web and mobile applications.
- Understanding of MVC design patterns and a good understanding of server-side templating languages, and server-side CSS preprocessors
- Understanding the nature of asynchronous programming and its quirks and workarounds
- API development experience with proficiency in developing RESTful API
- Conduct the design and implementation of back end server database and APIs
- Experience in designing and building scalable backends with distributed databases
- Work experience with SQL/NoSQL databases such as mySQL / Redis and their declarative query languages
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Proven architecture designs for large scale distributed systems
- Strong familiarity with Web 2.0 websites and Basic understanding of front-end technologies, such as HTML5, and CSS3
- Understanding accessibility and security compliance, user authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
Coding - Handles coding responsibilities including the ability to:
- Understand code at their level independently
- Properly document code
- Follow coding standards
- Engineer sections of code independently and subsystems with guidance
- Create tools to be used by the team
- Refactor code at a sub-system level
Ownership -Takes accountability and ownership for work:
- Being responsible for understanding work before commencing
- Following through on a task to completion
- Handling responsibility beyond the explicit for his/her own tasks, bugs, and designs
- Being proactive in addressing unforeseen issues
Technical Design - Designs/develops effective technical designs that:
- Are written to the level of expectation of code responsibility
- Accurately estimate times for his/her tasks
- Include resource maps and optimization plans on a sub-system level
- Assess risks for tasks on a system level
- Identify missing aspect of a design, particularly at the sub-system level
- Identify missing aspects of someone else’s design
- Apply techniques of object oriented design and meta-programming
- Anticipate problems in their own area of code
- Include the interface design with some guidance
- Take into account methods of automatic testing
- Identify the need for tools ahead of time
Debugging - Fully debugs familiar and unfamiliar areas of his/her own code, other’s code (of similar level), and higher-level code (with limited guidance).
- Debugging responsibilities include:
- More consistent use of exception handlers to track down problems
- Basic understanding working with and debugging assembly
- Use of profiling as a standard step
Time Management - Looks for ways to save time, including:
- Helping the broader team identify high risk tasks so they can be scheduled early
- Effectively prioritizing tasks
About this Company
PROXC Consulting is recognized as one of the trusted advisors to many business leaders, governments, and institutions in the field of management consulting.
See all Careers and Jobs at PROXC Consulting Ltd.
We help our clients make distinctive, lasting, and significant improvements to the performance of their...
Job sent successfully to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Error happened when sending mail, please check the fields below or try again later.