- Experience Needed:
- 5 to 10 years
- Career Level:
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
As Telecom consultant, you will participate in projects at a Large Telecom Operator (data and voice convergence) as a technology expert in the end-to-end Huawei OCS domain responsible for the operation of the Huawei CBS (Converged Billing System) component.
The CBS component provides convergent charging capabilities such as: prepaid/postpaid convergent, voice service/data service convergent, multi-network convergent rating..
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- You participate in the complete E2E operations process
- Support the commissioning and installation of customer projects
- Manage and maintain the infrastructure.
- Experience with both preventive and corrective maintenance.
- Receive and coordinate customer complaints.
- Strong troubleshooting competences,
- Support a strong Product Vendor relationship and communication with other internal departments.
- Analyze a new release and prepare the integration/migration of the new functionality.
- Perform tests and report on the status.
- Write and track error reports in your functional area.
- Contribute to the development of Standard Operation Procedures (SOPs) documents.
- Deliver training to end users in support of use of the application, or upgrades, and enhancements.
- Perform any additional operational tasks that are up-coming during the operations.
Professional Experience and Knowledge
- Specialist knowledge of Huawei OCS platform, i.e. CBS (Convergent Billing System).
- Proven expertise in the field of operational activities of commercial billing solutions in a telecom context.
- Expertise/Knowledge and strong interest to learn in the following domains:
- Mobile telephony networks.
- IN architecture knowledge & deployment of IN based solutions,SS7 signaling.
- IP networking (TCP/IP, UDP, TCP, XML / HTML, HTTP, SNMP, ...) and server technology
- Oracle or other database concepts ( Oracle )
- SUN Solaris or SUN Cluster
- Scripting: Unix shell scripting, PERL, …
- Protocol simulators / analyzers (Wireshark, IPSL, ...)
- Knowledge of OS Platforms Linux, Solaris and WindowseServGlobal; experience in other similar solutions will also be considered
Skills & Competency
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills.
- Familiarity with ITIL is mandatory.
- Ability to communicate easily and well with both technical and non-technical staff at all levels, with strong customer service skills.
- Possess multi-tasking skills, with the ability to work under pressure
- Proven ability to work in a multicultural environment with respect and sensitivity for diversity.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
Education & Training
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited University or Education Institute in one of the following disciplines (Engineering, Information Technology, and Computer Science).
About this Company
See all Careers and Jobs at SEGMATEK
Segmatek is a dynamic IT Services provider specialized in Managed Services, IT Consulting, Oracle Professional Services, and Business Intelligence Solutions.
We are aiming to enrich the world of IT through helping our customers to be profitable, more capable and grow stronger.
Job sent successfully to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Error happened when sending mail, please check the fields below or try again later.