- Experience Needed:
- 5 to 10 years
- Career Level:
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
As Telecom consultant, you will participate in projects at a Large Telecom Operator (data and voice convergence) as a technology expert in the end-to-end Huawei CBS domain responsible for the operation of the Huawei CBS (Converged Billing System) component.
The CBS component provides convergent charging capabilities such as: prepaid/postpaid convergent, voice service/data service convergent, multi-network convergent rating.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Investigate technical problems on the system.
- Troubleshoot systems that are in live operation.
- Create (workaround/ permanent) of systems in case of critical situations.
- Receive and coordinate customer complaints by ticketing tools or mails.
- Support other internal departments.
- Analyze a new release and prepare the integration/migration of the new functionality.
- Perform tests and report on the status.
- Write and track error reports in your functional area.
- Contribute to the development of Standard Operation Procedures (SOPs) documents.
- Deliver training to end users in support of use of the application, or upgrades, and enhancements.
- Perform any additional operational tasks that are up-coming during the operations.
Professional Experience and Knowledge
- Strong knowledge of Huawei CBS platform (CBP, UPC, BMP, AR/DC, Billing).
- Experience in the field of operational activities of commercial billing solutions in a telecom context.
- Experience with both preventive and corrective maintenance.
- Strong knowledge of UNIX Operating System and environment.
- Strong knowledge of Database, preferably Oracle
- Scripting: Unix shell scripting, PERL
Skills & Competency
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills.
- Familiarity with ITIL is mandatory.
- Ability to communicate easily and well with both technical and non-technical staff at all levels, with strong customer service skills.
- Possess multi-tasking skills, with the ability to work under pressure
- Proven ability to work in a multicultural environment with respect and sensitivity for diversity.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
Education & Training:
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited University or Education Institute in one of the following disciplines (Engineering, Information Technology, and Computer Science).
About this Company
See all Careers and Jobs at SEGMATEK
Segmatek is a dynamic IT Services provider specialized in Managed Services, IT Consulting, Oracle Professional Services, and Business Intelligence Solutions.
We are aiming to enrich the world of IT through helping our customers to be profitable, more capable and grow stronger.