- Experience Needed:
- More than 5 years
- Career Level:
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
The IT Solution Associate will:
- Receive incidents and service requests through phone, email or any other medium and log them as tickets in the Incident Management System.
- Assign the priority to the tickets based on Urgency and Impact of the issue.
- Provide in-country direct support during go-live operations including but not limited to on-site or remote training.
- Manage the resolution of problems, participate in knowledge base design, participate in development of work-around and presentation on the known errors.
- Provide application management services to countries where it related to relevant master data, user management and intervention setup activities.
- Monitor the implementation of policies, procedures and standards of SCOPE and make the necessary corrections where necessary; participate in change advisory board.
- Identify commonly recurring requests for assistance and provide advice on how these can be prevented or minimized, through training, user awareness, changes in configuration etc.
- Perform analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex IT problems for end-users, and recommend and implement corrective solutions for remote users as needed;
- Troubleshoot the issues by remote connection to user’s machine under different environments.
- Troubleshoot, interpret problems and provide technical support for hardware, software, and systems.
- Analyses problems by using manual or automated diagnostic programs, and resolve recurring technical difficulties.
- Carry-out Configuration Management to track Configuration Items (CIs) and the dependencies between them, such as but not limited to SCOPE computers, software tools and utilities, POS terminals, and other SCOPE devices.
- Communicate with clients and follow-up on all open and pending tickets.
- Log issues and escalate tickets to various technical groups where necessary;
- Maintain a very high level of FCR (First Contact Resolution Rate).
- Regularly develop troubleshooting flowcharts, utilization and contribution to knowledge management resources to achieve faster resolution and higher FCR;
- Provide end user training on SCOPE and or service desk tool;
- Work closely with problem owners, SME’s and other stakeholders to identify problem scope and escalate where necessary.
- Create statistical reports and performing analysis for areas of responsibility.
- Perform-to-end incident management.
- Responsible for time-critical service restoration and technical troubleshooting within Scope.
- Working with clients, internal RMT teams and third party data providers throughout the service restoration process.
- Undertake additional tasks as required.
The IT Solution Associate will have minimum following experience and competency:
- Minimum of 5 years working experience with:
- a minimum of 2 years working experience with Incident management system for Software products and
- 1 year minimum with Cash Based Transfer (CBT) technology platforms or solutions.
- IT: Proficiency in using office application software; and efficiency in using communication applications.
- ITIL Foundation Certification desirable.
- Full understanding of ITIL principles and processes.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent communication skills to all levels of staff.
- Good in documentation.
- Excellent interpersonal, inter-cultural competencies and team player.
- Completion of secondary school education.
- A post-secondary certificate in IT.
- Fluency in English and Arabic both written and oral.
About this Company
The World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
See all Careers and Jobs at UN World Food Programme
In emergencies, we get food to where it is needed, saving the lives of victims of war, civil conflict and natural disasters. After the cause of an emergency has passed,...