- Experience Needed:
- 3 to 5 years
- Career Level:
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Job Type:
- Contract / Project
Negotiable, candidates may be eligible for a suite of benefits including health, life and other insurance products as well as home country travel benefits
English, French, Portuguese
About the Job
- Our client the Eastern and Southern African Trade and Development Bank, commonly known as the PTA Bank, is a development financial institution established as part of the COMESA economic arrangements. The Bank’s vision is to become a world class financial institution contributing to the economic growth and prosperity of the Eastern and Southern African region through provision of trade, projects and infrastructure finance.
- The Bank aims to attract and retain exceptionally talented professionals by offering a conducive working environment and attractive salaries and benefits. In line with its growth strategy, the Bank is looking for self-motivated and results oriented professionals to join a team committed to building a world class financial institution. Interested and qualified candidates from the Bank’s member states are therefore invited to apply for the following position:
PTA BANK YOUNG PROFESSIONALS PROGRAM 2016
- The Young Professionals Program is designed to attract a pool of young and talented multidisciplinary individuals from PTA Bank member countries, with outstanding educational and leadership qualities.
- The program provides participants with a well-structured intervention that is designed to further develop their professional and leadership capabilities and to support the Bank in meeting its operational requirements in the medium to long term.
- During the initial year on the program, Young Professionals (YPs) will be based at the Bank’s Nairobi regional office. The second year may be spent in one of the Bank’s other offices in Burundi, Harare or Mauritius.
- The program offers a two year contract that includes a rotational component across different functional areas within The Bank, as well as on-the-job work experience. Training will commence with on boarding and will include rotational experiences to expose YPs to different areas of the Bank. Formal training as well as mentorship and coaching will be included.
- August : Open application period
- September : Candidate selection and interview
- November 2016: Successful candidates commence program
- NATIONALITY: Be a national of a PTA Bank member country.
- AGE:35 years or younger in the year of joining the program.
- EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Hold a Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Banking, Risk Management, Commerce or other equivalent numerate degree plus 3yrs of relevant professional work experience in areas related to PTA Bank Operations; or a Master’s degree with relevant work and/or Internship experience.
- AREA OF SPECIALIZATION: Economics, Finance, Commerce, Accounting, Risk Management, plus other operational specializations relevant in the banking industry.
- LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS:Be fluent in English. Working knowledge of French or Portuguese an added advantage.
- Aptitude to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Commitment and passion for African development
- Strong communication and client orientation/client centricity
- Leadership Capability
- International country experience – having or lived elsewhere from home country
Compensation and Benefits
- YPs will be placed on the professional entry level and will receive salaries commensurate with this job grade - salaries are paid in US dollars. Furthermore candidates may be eligible for a suite of benefits including health, life and other insurance products as well as home country travel benefits.
- Graduation from the program will be based on successful completion of all training coursework, as well as the achievement of satisfactory performance on assigned tasks.
- Selection for the YPP does not guarantee future employment with the Bank although all effort will be made to retain suitable candidates according to the Bank’s business requirements.
- Applications will go through a thorough and rigorous screening process that will result in a short-list of CVs to form part of the interview process.
About this Company
Working together we identify human capital bottlenecks that stand in the way of your progress. After the problem area has been identified, we roll out our integrated service package that includes training, recruitment, and interim secondment of skilled professionals to remove...
See all Careers and Jobs at African Management Services Company
Job sent successfully to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Error happened when sending mail, please check the fields below or try again later.